|These last few months have been interesting, to say the least! Due to this pandemic many people have lost their jobs and small business have been impacted, including mine. My trip to Brazil was also cut short but I am glad to be back home. I was initially heartbroken when I arrived home as my 2 cats spent more of their time with my roommate than me! Fickle creatures! On the upside staying isolated hasn’t been an issue as I am pretty much a homebody anyway, but I sure do miss seeing all the kitty clients!!
I have been busy completing courses including Feline First Aid and Pet Sitter’s International’s (PSI) COVID 19 Certification for Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers. I am also currently studying PSI’s Health, Sanitation and Safety for Professional Pet Sitters.
The BC government recently eased up on restrictions for small businesses and I am happy to say that The Cat Lady is now open for business! I understand that most people are sticking close to home and may not need cat care, but if you do, I am available. Proper safety procedures are being followed as advised by the Government of Canada and my professional association, Pet Sitter’s International (PSI). To keep you, your pets and myself safe I will be taking the following precautions:
- Conducting visits only if no one is home
- Informing clients ahead of time if I am experiencing any flu-like symptoms so other arrangements can be made if so desired. Clients should have a backup plan in place.
- Practicing social distancing by remaining 6 feet apart from others whenever possible in public
- Avoiding touching my face
- Limiting face -to -face contact with clients whenever possible and will communicate via phone or email or by virtual means
- Wearing clean scrubs over my clothes for each separate job
- Wearing a face mask unless the cat seems fearful
- Washing my hands when entering and exiting your home
- Asking clients to leave out hand sanitizer, hand washing soap, disinfectant wipes or spray (Lysol, Clorox or diluted bleach) and paper towel.
- Wiping down all the surfaces I touch during the visit including litter scoop handles
- Bringing my own hand sanitizer and wipes with me as back up
- Disinfecting my car and everything I touch in it every time I enter/exit the vehicle
- Advising clients to have an Emergency Guardianship Form filled out and signed in case they fall ill. If you need a copy please let me know
All the best and hope to see your fur babies soon!